Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Visa Interview at German Embassy, New Delhi

Hi Fellas!

I gave the VI at New Delhi German Embassy last year (22.07.2012), and wrote about my experience.
Although it has been pretty long, I am sure you would get some help reading it.
I am just copying here as-it-is.

Cheers!

PS: I got my visa on 23.08.2012.


Hi guys...

Just out from my second VI at the Delhi Embassy. Thankfully, it went pretty well.

Please note that every consulate has different guidelines and processes. The following applies to the New Delhi Embassy.

Let me mention the details here which could be of help to you.

FIRST VI (July1)-

I had all the documents as specified in the document on the website. But they wanted even more!
Please note that the € 7900 should already be in your blocked student account in Germany before you go to VI.
What I was additionally asked to get were:
-release letter from my previous employer
-proof of funding for TWO years, against 1 yr which is written in the document. I got a letter from my dad's employer mentioning the funds available in his PF account, and that 13 lacs have been sanctioned for my education purposes
-Father's bank statement for last one year
-my account statements

Got out of the embassy, immediately called up VFS, got appointment for July 22!

SECOND VI (July 22)-

I somehow misheard or something that my appointment was at 0815hrs... reached the embassy at 0730 just to read in the list that my appointment is at 1015hrs..! So killing over 2 hrs in the delhi heat (morning time helped a bit!) was another headache. Went to Bikanerwala nearby (behind the Nehru park)
Anyways, entered the Embassy at 1015.
I was the first one called, just to make me realize they also need a sponsorship letter from my father, along with his self attested ID proof.
Dad drove down to the Embassy and gave the letter to mom who was waiting outside.
In the meantime I was asked to arrange the documents in a specified order.
Now the security wouldn't even take the letter from my mom and pass it on, neither informed me, when she asked them to inform me that she has the letter ready! So I went out after an hour to check, asked my VO again to let me pass through and got the letter.

The interview went pretty smooth.
Took my DD of Rs.4000, gave me 200 back.. (yea they decreased the fee to Rs.3800)
Then she gave me a receipt containing the Visa File number, and asked me to mail it to the University to speed up the process.
Then she asked some basic questions, about the course, study duration, some courses, potential employers in India, plans for part time working during the studies etc.
She also asked me if I would complete my course in 2yrs.. as in I won't fail or sth! Funny side of her..!? dunno! :P
In the end, she wrote GOOD at the bottom of the QA sheet she was filling.
Came out of the embassy at 1245hrs..!

And thats all folks!

Hope I get the visa asap!


No comments: